Monday, March 24, 2008

FUNdraising ...

HI it's Rachel,
I thought raising $1500 was going to be a really big challenge. To get people to contribute I sent a letter via email explaining what I was doing and why. I tried to make the letter really personal so people knew why this meant something to me and why they should donate money to this cause. Surprisingly I got a lot of responses in a really short time. Within the first couple of days I got like $300.

My Mom sent the letter to her friends and all our relatives. And even some of my friends sent money. I made a webpage. It's prettyful :)

So don't get discouraged. Don't get worried. People are generous.

I can't believe I have already raised $1100

WOW!
You can check out my fundraising letter on my webpage http://www.active.com/donate/vision5knbp2008/MAndres

bi bi
rachel

1 comment:

Gary Ross said...

Rachel:

Aunt Ruth and I are in awe of what you have done. We know that Sawyer is truely blessed to have been born into our extended family.

Loveya

UG & AR