Thursday, June 12, 2008

how did we do?

hi! i know i promised to post earlier, but i've been REALLY busy. ok, so at the race it was amazing! it felt so good to be able to finish it and put all our practice to the test. my mom and i argued but overall i really liked it. My mom's cousin, Leslie, Sawyer's mom, came in first for women's blindfold and i raised over 3,ooo dollars! after the race we spent the whole day with sawyer and his sister riley. That was like the cherry on top of my ice cream sundae. it was so great to see them!

2 comments:

Gary Ross said...

We are very proud of you and glad that the Andersons (just listening to the race announcer) -- Andresens are our family.

Luvya and can't wait for your big day next weekend

UG & AR2

Joe said...

Hi, Rachel! Congrats on you and your Mom and Aunt finishing the race. I read your story in the Spring Issue of National Braille Press Release. You must have had "lots of chutzpah" to run the race blindfolded. Is it too late to make a donation on your behalf? I am writing this using a Windows Vista computer equipped with the JAWS-screen reading software which enables me to hear what's on the screen. It's really cool! Have you ever seen one? I am a contributor and user of many of National Braille Press's publications, particularly those relating to computers and cooking. Once again, big props and best of luck to you, your Mom, Aunt Leslie and Cousin Sawyer. (I also went to Perkins). Good job! --Joseph Palano from Walpole Ma and Pompano Beach FL